Saturday 4 August 2012

Interestingly enough, someone earlier today said to me  "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” 

The imagination part of it seems appropriate to the reason of why this blog is here!

Had someone told me even a month ago that I would not only write reviews and create lists and threads for fictional works based on a television play with such passion, but would go so far as to also create a blog for housing aforesaid lists and reviews....than my reaction would have been nothing more than a scoffing  "You must be on [a highly addictive substance that ravages both body and mind]!!

But the fact of the matter is, that its the brilliance of the IPKKND fiction writers that I do spend countless hours reading fictional works centered around IPKKND and filtering what appears the best to me through the amateurish attempts that abound, I do enjoy whiling away my time writing incessantly about the finer points of a particular piece of fiction or a writer, and poring over my labour of love, the thread I have created and now this Blog!

Neither plays nor reading "Fan Fiction" is part of my make-up in fact it has always been somewhat alien to my make-up. But reading and writing is. And the ability to discern good writing and good writing in the development. One finds pieces of gold in the most unlikely pieces and so did I! I found unbelievable genius in the form of fictional works on an internet forum, albeit related to television play and its characters, but still works of fiction! Magically written, beautifully crafted and perfectly pieced together. How could they be resisted! And how could I resist them.

Romantic fiction is not my genre of choice. In fact as I recently told someone, I have not read romance (until now) for a very long time. But once again the writers played and continue to play their hand! And I continue to read!

Who has seen the future, and it is yet to be seen whether any of the writers featured on this Blog, each one of whom has a Best Seller Writer waiting within them to be published, will ever write that magnum opus, that resides among all of us, but some are lucky enough to turn it into reality and well...others just review!!!! This Blog continues the tribute to the writers of fictional work on IPKKND and their works started with the HoF thread!

So the monthly Hall of Famers, Notable Mentions, One Shot Gallery and the Give It a Reads will be posted here. Plus the Feature Reviews will ultimately land up here as well.

So welcome to the world of fiction of "Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon" that brings unnamed unknown strangers together, to share their thoughts, their imaginations and their fictional worlds...all centered around that amazing world.

And for all you who do happen to chance upon this Dervish's Folly...do stay a while, and feel free to share your thoughts and your views... they will be extremely welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment